2016 GHPMI GUIDELINES
- Open Hour Parties are available through the link at the bottom of the page.
- Pool Parties must be scheduled a minimum of two (2) weeks in advance for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- Pool parties may not take place on holiday weekends.
- May 28th, 29th & 30th (Memorial Day Weekend)
- July 2nd, 3rd & 4th (Independence Day Weekend)
- September 3rd, 4th & 5th (Labor Day Weekend)
- POOL PARTY SPONSOR MUST BE A RESIDENT IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE ASSOCIATION PRIOR TO SCHEDULING A POOL PARTY. GHPMI is required to check party sponsor’s assessments. Please note: This can take three (3) to five (5) business days. If a party is reserved and the association does not approve, the amount paid will be refunded to the card of the original payment less the $30.00 admin fee within seven (7) business days.
- One (1) to three (3) tables with chairs will be reserved for the party depending on the facility. The lifeguard staff will show you where you will be sitting.
- All parties are required to follow the pool rules posted at the facility.
- Party sponsor is responsible for clean-up and party trash removal.
- A pool party is not finalized until you receive an e-mail confirmation from the GHPMI office.
If you have concerns that occur during the party (lighting, staff, etc.) that the Pool Manager cannot solve, please call 713-771-7665 (Monday through Friday between 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm) or 713-771-7665 ext 6 and a supervisor will get back with you.
- Lifeguards for all parties must be current GHPMI employees.
- Additional staffing is not required for open hour pool parties. However, please remember there is a 25 person (Swimmers and Non-Swimmers) limit. At the beginning of the party, if the number of attendees extend beyond 25 people, GHPM has the right to deny admittance of the additional people or cancel the party. Please review our policy under payment.
- For a party involving children, the party sponsor must have one adult chaperone for every 10 children under the age of 18. Any party sponsor not meeting the correct ratio of chaperones to children will be required to pay $30.00 per hour for a lifeguard to help with supervision. GHPM has the right to deny admittance of the additional people if another lifeguard is not available. Payment must be submitted to the GHPM office the next business day.
- A fee of $80.00 will be charged for each two-hour scheduled party. Included in this charge is a non-refundable $30.00 administration fee.
- Party sponsor is responsible for clean up and off site removal of all party supplies, including appropriate disposal of all trash in trash containers.
- If additional clean-up time is required by the lifeguards after the party time has ended, the party sponsor is responsible for paying for the additional clean-up time (example: 2 lifeguards for 30 minutes of clean-up time will cost $24.00). Please contact by the next business day to submit payment.
- All returned checks will be charged a $30.00 service fee.
- Administration Fees are non-refundable.
- There will be a 100% refund on all lifeguard costs for parties cancelled with more than a 72-hour notice.
- There will be a 50% refund on all lifeguard costs for parties cancelled the day of the party up to a 72-hour notice.
- All refunds must be in writing and submitted within sixty (60) days of the event.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When inclement weather occurs during the day of the scheduled party, parties must be cancelled three hours prior to the start time. The Pool Party Coordinator will assist the party sponsor in rescheduling the party at no charge. Lifeguard fees minus the administrative fee will be refunded if the party cannot be rescheduled.
- Parties cancelled with less than a 3-hour notice will not receive a refund.
- If inclement weather occurs during your pool party, please follow the GHPMI Weather Policy.
- Hard Rain: When the lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool, the pool will be cleared until the bottom of the pool is visible.
- Thunder: When the lifeguards hear thunder, the patrons/guests will be removed from the pool for twenty (20) minutes. Every time thunder occurs, the time will start over again for twenty (20) minutes. When twenty (20) minutes has passed and there is no sound of thunder, the pool may be used again.
- Lightning: When the lifeguards see lightning, the patrons/guests will be removed from the pool for thirty (30) minutes. Every time lightning is seen, the time will start over again for thirty (30) minutes. When thirty (30) minutes has passed and no lightning has struck, the pool may be used again. Please note: If heavy lightning occurs, patrons/guests may be asked to leave the facility until it is safe to enter again.
- If a party in progress should be stopped due to bad weather, you will be charged a minimum of one (1) hour for each lifeguard or be charged for the time the lifeguards were at the pool. Whichever is more.
- If you leave the facility early due to weather conditions be sure to notify the manager and write down the time on the Pool Party Use form.
- If you decide to stay at the facility and wait out the weather, you will not receive a refund.
- Please remember: The lifeguards on duty have full authority. It is their job to ensure the safety of all individuals at the swimming facility.
Scheduling Your Party
- After clicking the link below, you will be redirected to our scheduling site.
- Choose your preferred facility.
- Choose your preferred dates.
- All available dates and times will appear. If a time/date is not listed, it has either been reserved or cannot be booked.
Click here to book a pool party
For any issues with the website, please email email@example.com for further assistance.