2021 GHPMI GUIDELINES
- After Hour Parties are available through the link at the bottom of the page.
- Pool Parties must be scheduled a minimum of two (2) weeks in advance for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- Pool Parties may not take place prior to the facility being opened for the season, or after the facility is closed for the season.
- Pool parties may not take place the following days.
- The first weekend the pool is open
- May 29th, 30th & 31st (Memorial Day Weekend)
- July 3rd & July 4th (Independence Day weekend)
- September 4th, September 5th, & 6th (Labor Day Weekend)
- The last weekend the pool is open
- POOL PARTY SPONSOR MUST BE A RESIDENT IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE ASSOCIATION PRIOR TO SCHEDULING A POOL PARTY. GHPMI is required to check party sponsor’s assessments. Please note: This can take three (3) to five (5) business days. An email will be sent to you once the party has been approved by the HOA. If you have a gmail account, please watch your spam folder for our email. Any party reserved through this website that the association does not approve, the amount paid will be refunded to the card of the original payment less the $30.00 admin fee within seven (7) business days.
- All parties are required to follow the pool rules posted at the facility.
- Party sponsor is responsible for clean-up which must be completed by the “end time” of the party or schedule additional time for clean up.
- Trash accumulated during the party must be removed from the premises.
- A pool party is not finalized until you receive an e-mail confirmation from the GHPMI office.
If you have concerns that occur during the party (lighting, staff, etc.) that the Pool Manager cannot solve, please call 713-771-7665 (Monday through Friday between 8:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-5:00pm) or 713-771-7665 ext 6 and a supervisor will get back with you.
- Lifeguards for all parties must be current GHPMI employees.
- General Staffing Requirements – Includes swimmers and non-swimmers
- 1 to 40 people – 2 lifeguards
- 41 to 60 people – 3 lifeguards
- 61 to 80 people – 4 lifeguards
- 81 to 100 people – 5 lifeguards
- The lifeguards will clear the water ten (10) to fifteen (15) minutes (depending on size) before the party is scheduled to end. Ten (10) minutes for parties with less than 60 people and fifteen (15) minutes for parties of 61 or more. This gives you and your guests time to dry off and clear the facility by the end time of the party.
- Parties involving children will require the party sponsor to have one adult chaperone for every ten (10) children under the age of 18.
- Any party sponsor not meeting the correct ratio of chaperones to children, will be required to pay $30.00/hour for each additional lifeguard. GHPMI has the right to deny admittance of the additional people if another lifeguard is not available. Payment must be submitted to the GHPMI office the next business day.
- A non-refundable administration fee of $30.00 will be charged for each scheduled party.
- Lifeguard fees are generally unless posted differently on your Association’s first page on our website:
- $25.50 per guard per hour
- $30.00 per guard per hour if added to an existing reservation with less than a week before the party date.
- If a deposit is required, a check made out to the association must be mailed in to our office and received no later than one (1) week prior to the date of the party. Deposit checks will be returned within three weeks providing the facility is cleaned up and no damage occurred. Party sponsor agrees to pay for any damages that occur during the party.
- If additional clean-up time is required by the lifeguards after the party time has ended, the party sponsor is responsible for paying for the additional clean-up time (example: two (2) lifeguards for thirty (30) minutes of clean-up time will cost $25.50). Please contact the office by the next business day to submit payment.
- All returned checks will be charged a $30.00 service fee.
- Administration Fees and Service Fees are non-refundable.
- There will be a 100% refund on all lifeguard costs and pool use costs for parties cancelled with more than a 72-hour notice.
- There will be a 50% refund on all lifeguard costs and pool use costs for parties cancelled the day of the party up to a 72-hour notice.
- All refunds must be in writing and submitted within sixty (60) days of the event.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When inclement weather occurs during the day of the scheduled party, parties must be cancelled three hours prior to the start time. The Pool Party Coordinator will assist the party sponsor in rescheduling the party at no charge. Lifeguard fees minus the administrative fee will be refunded if the party cannot be rescheduled.
- Parties cancelled with less than a 3-hour notice will not receive a refund.
- If inclement weather occurs during your pool party, please follow the GHPMI Weather Policy.
- Hard Rain: When the lifeguards cannot see the bottom of the pool, the pool will be cleared until the bottom of the pool is visible.
- Thunder: When the lifeguards hear thunder, the patrons/guests will be removed from the pool for twenty (20) minutes. Every time thunder occurs, the time will start over again for twenty (20) minutes. When twenty (20) minutes has passed and there is no sound of thunder, the pool may be used again.
- Lightning: When the lifeguards see lightning, the patrons/guests will be removed from the pool for thirty (30) minutes. Every time lightning is seen, the time will start over again for thirty (30) minutes. When thirty (30) minutes has passed and no lightning has struck, the pool may be used again. Please note: If heavy lightning occurs, patrons/guests may be asked to leave the facility until it is safe to enter again.
- If a party in progress should be stopped due to bad weather, you will be charged a minimum of one (1) hour for each lifeguard or be charged for the time the lifeguards were at the pool. Whichever is more.
- If you leave the facility early due to weather conditions be sure to notify the manager and write down the time on the Pool Party Use form.
- If you decide to stay at the facility and wait out the weather, you will not receive a refund.
- Please remember: The lifeguards on duty have full authority. It is their job to ensure the safety of all individuals at the swimming facility.
Scheduling Your Party
- After clicking the link below, you will be redirected to our scheduling site.
- Choose your preferred facility.
- Choose your preferred dates.
- All available dates and times will appear. If a time/date is not listed, it has either been reserved or cannot be booked.
Click here to book a pool party
For any issues with the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.